A 2015 Summary
- A collector purchased my very first painting, Red #1. Hard to let go.
- Traveled to Belize.
- In March, I released a collection of Chez Stadium tunes recorded over the last few years. Further Ado is available at http://chezstadium.bandcamp.com, where I am also launching a subscription service for those who want to hear and support new Chez Stadium music.
- With footage from the Belize trip, I made a minimalist music video for a Further Ado track.
- My identity systems for OAAOM and To The Point PDX were approved and unveiled. At my day job, we launched the website I designed and for which I developed content and a streamlined navigational structure. A BIG collaborative effort that is ongoing.
- I composed a musical motif for a short promotional video for my college’s recruitment initiatives.
- No public performances on the horizon. However, I am amping up my recording and mixing skills at home. I plan to release new material — demos, instrumentals, experiments, completed tracks — via the aforementioned subscription service on my Chez Stadium Bandcamp page. (Update: I’ve released the single track, “Undisciplined” -- more to come!)
*Visit my galleries to see some samples of recent and past work.
Go make something!
A rare November snow day (?) has allowed time to refresh this site. Find some new additions in the Music gallery!
The last few months have been a whirlwind of activity, though much of it involved a house sale and severe (and necessary) downsizing. I've been able to create a small studio space in our new residence, so with luck, I'll be posting new samples in the near future.
Go make something.
Chez Stadium returns for two shows in June 2014
Randall Payton's Chez Stadium will play two of the coveted Friday happy hour slots during the final month of the 20-year reign of north Portland's Beaterville Bar. While the noted Beaterville Cafe next door has closed, the bar remains open for another month.
June 13 and June 27, 2014, both 5:30-7:30pm.
Beaterville Bar, 2201 N. Killingsworth St., Portland OR 97217
Randall Payton Creative Expands
April 6, 2014
To showcase not only his fine art, but music projects and writing and design services, randallpayton.com is growing. Check back soon for new samples and information.
July 2012 Show at The Press Club
Friday, July 6, 2012: First Friday Art Reception: Randall Payton
2621 SE Clinton St, Portland, Oregon 97202
Live music - Delicious Food - Smart People - Liquidy Drinks
Show runs through July
Call and Response Show
April 1, 2011
CODA Gallery PDX
930 SE Taylor
This First Friday event challenged artists to respond to existing pieces by five CODA Gallery artists. I responded.
Portland Love Show
February 12, 2011
My piece, "If it burns, that means it's working," was selected for display in the Sixth Annual Portland Love Show at Gallery Homeland (Ford Building), 2505 SE 11th Avenue, Portland, OR.